Job title- ICT Technician
Location- Guildford, Surrey
Salary- £22,000 - £25,000pa
- To support staff with first line ICT problems and queries.
- To assist staff with queries relating to how to use software and the systems.
- To assist with periodic asset checks.
- To assist the installations and upgrade of equipment.
- To assist with the day to day repairs of faulty equipment.
- To make small day to day changes to Active Directory.
- To support the interactive whiteboards.
- To install and upgrade software packages.
- To provide Audio Visual support.
- To provide fast and effective support to staff and student iPad usage.
- To support the IT needs of testing.
- To work with other IT team members on IT projects and upgrades.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C including English and Mathematics
- Good relevant honours degree (2.2 or above) or equivalent experience
- A demonstrable logical aptitude for solving problems
- Ability to work with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of IT packages: Office, Outlook, Windows.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of iPads and Apple products
- Technical troubleshooting experience
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- High levels of discretion, confidentiality and awareness of data protection
- A proactive, flexible and versatile approach
- A passion for excellence