Senior Manager, Global Outsourcing - Top 10 Consulting Firm
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior manager, looking for progression to director, to join Global Outsourcing in Bristol. The Global Outsourcing Senior Manager’s primary responsibility is to assist in managing large key clients on a day-to-day basis, together with delivering the strategy working closely with the other directors and manager team. It is essential that the senior manager has strong project management skills. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Build sustainable client relationships developing a clear understanding of requirements and building highly motivated global delivery teams focused on exceptional client service
- Support Directors and Partners across GO in expanding the business further, supporting delivery of strategy, while also creating a strong team identity and culture
- Empower and energise others to go the extra mile, leading to exceptional client service
- Manage a portfolio of key clients from a client service and financial controllership point of view, maximising profitability
- Manage risk at an operational level
- Lead specific strategy focus areas/projects
- Develop and own a pipeline of new business opportunities to grow the business
- Work with bid teams and help to lead client proposals and presentations.
- Lead specific assignments on an ad hoc basis
- Network / build relationship cross stream and sector, in the UK and overseas offices
The portfolio of clients will include:
- Multinational businesses that require significant levels of outsourced back-office accounting, compliance & payroll services around the world - which are delivered by in-country specialists under the control of the UK based global outsourcing team; and
- UK businesses that require management reporting, statutory accounting and/or a fully outsourced UK back office accounting function.
You will need to be flexible, proactive and commercially focussed with excellent project management skills.
- Takes responsibility for all aspects of service delivery to clients, manage large and/or complex client assignments, which include determining the resource requirements, financial management and monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, timely review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review
- Assist in managing the overall team on a day-to-day basis. Manages performance of client delivery teams. Ensures clear roles, responsibilities and expectations of each member of the team are agreed and recorded.
- Manage client facing teams on a day to day basis
- Provides honest feedback (both positive and development) on performance of more junior members of the team on a timely basis
- Provides upward feedback on a timely basis
- Lead implementations and project transitions
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Project Director and Partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to, as well as highlighting any potential risks as they arise.
- Support the cold and external review process, ensuring that client files always contain the appropriate documentation
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collections within the firm’s criteria, as well as leading on fee negotiations
- Understand the firm’s contracting framework and ensure that any changes in the scope of client work are properly dealt with, from a commercial and risk management perspective
- Share knowledge within the team, proactively manage regulatory changes and facilitate research and personal development
- Capture client feedback and ensure it is addressed and effectively communicated to the Global Outsourcing team
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take point responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases, escalating to Directors and Partners as needed
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for Global Outsourcing, and inform the Partner and client accordingly. Act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees)
- Work as part of management team with other Global Outsourcing managers (e.g. resource planning, performance rate meetings and efficiency improvements).
- Promotes, adheres to and supports "One Firm" behaviours
- Become regarded as a subject matter expert within GO
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in managing complex transition projects
- Experience in managing ongoing operations using or within a shared service centre and/or experience project managing multi-country outsourced services
- UK GAAP, IFRS and/or US GAAP reporting experience