Health and Safety Advisor
Health and Safety Advisor
£35,000 - £42,000 + Benefits
Regional Health & Safety Advisor
Due to continued expansion, my client are currently looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to support the company in the operation of company systems (ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 & ISO 14001) covering the effective management of quality, health, safety and environment. This will include extensive working on live projects across a wide geographical area.
You main responsibility will be providing guidance and advice to the region on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards. Responding to requests for advice which fall within the job holders area of expertise, through discussion with the Regional SHEQ Manager, and others where appropriate
- Undertaking risk assessments relating to SHEQ as required
- Proactively working with operational teams during the project lifecycle to ensure that SHEQ is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified
- Assisting the business with the implementation of the ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Undertaking 'active' monitoring and auditing of the companies sites, providing feedback via the company's reporting system
- Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred. Where necessary preventing works continuing on site
- Be responsible for ensuring effective close out of corrective actions raised, open incident reports, and significant site issues.
- Producing a weekly activity report
- Investigating incidents and producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement
- Liaising with enforcing authorities as necessary
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry through regular reading of journals and relevant website/ site visits
- Raise awareness on SHEQ and sustainability issues through toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary.
- Suitable qualifications in either H&S, quality or environmental management. E.g. NEBOSH General Certificate, IEMA etc.
- Relevant experience of working as part of a SHEQ team
- Providing proactive support to operational business units
- Operation of an OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 14001 and/or ISO 9001 based systems
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants, therefore if you have not heard from us within two working days then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, however…we will register your details for consideration against future opportunities.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer, acting in the capacity of an Employment Agent for this position. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.