Senior Application Support Analyst, Retail Trends and Fashion, (Business Intelligence)
Senior Application Support Analyst, Retail Trends and Fashion, (Business Intelligence), £40-45k, Watford
Are you looking for a fast pace and even faster career progression? A global retail giant whose speciality is brand names and designer products are seeking a Support Engineer to join their busy, proactive business intelligence support team in Watford. They are a team of people passionate about getting the best out of large amounts of retail data. The successful candidate will have a background in support, administration or engineering with Business intelligence tools such as Cognos (Version 10), Tableau, Gartner…
As part of a 2nd line support team you will be responsible for diagnosing incidents reported to the service desk, resolving any functional or data related issue and escalating more technical issues or development requirements to the 3rd line support team. You will work with the business and 3rd Line Support teams to analyse the issues, establish root cause and resolve incidents within the businesses agreed service level agreements.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Highly focused on achieving or exceeding expected service levels to customers • Experience of working within or with a Helpdesk or Service Desk
• Business Intelligence tools - Cognos etc.
• Excellent organisational and communications skills
• A strong technical understanding of windows based retail systems
• Minimum three years in IT with at least two years in a similar role
• Experience of working within a retail environment
• Experience of supporting a mixed technology environment Passionate about retail and the latest trends in fashion, you will need to share this interest in the industry and be someone who adds a different dimension to their culture. To be successful in this role, you will have experience supporting BI applications. Experience working with Cognos (version 10) is desirable. Strong analytical / problem solving skills and an aptitude for troubleshooting is essential. You will have exceptional communication skills used to engaging with different areas of the business and will have the ability to develop people and talent!
If this position is of interest, or indeed you know someone suitable who might be interested, please send me an up to date CV as a Word document.