Senior Estimator | Main Contractor | West London | £70k + benefits
This company is a well-known and successful main contractor who specialised in new build and refurbishment projects. We are now looking to appoint Senior Estimator to lead and improve the bidding process in West London.
To prepare accurate cost plans and detailed estimates, identifying true net cost to enable the company to fulfil its business objectives
Accountable for safe delivery of the tender on the date of submission
Accountable for ensuring the finalised tender is properly signed off in assurance with company procedures.
- To be able to work under your own direction with minimum supervision within the Reconstruction team whilst maintaining group estimating procedures
- Receive, acknowledge and check tender documentation and raising queries as necessary
- To confidently present the estimate supported by a fully priced net cost build up with full knowledge of the project and produce a fully completed Tender Quality Plan
- To liaise with other members of the bid team as appropriate to ensure that all aspects of the tender are understood and responded to
- Attend meetings with design and professional teams and be fully involved in risk and opportunity management
- Evaluating the tender information, preparing the action plan
- Maintain regular contact with client and consultant teams
- Ensure that working relationships with client's construction teams are managed professionally
- The ability to manage other estimating team members at bid stage, such as administrators and other bid staff
- To assist in sub-contractor and supplier selection and ensure competitiveness
Skills and Requirements:
To have a good working knowledge of the local market and comply with and promote the core supply chain philosophy in the preparation of the tender enquiry list with the bid team
To have a challenging mindset with particular regards to new technologies alternatives or value engineering to obtain competitive advantage
Knowledge of Commercial Computerised Estimating Software Systems
Good level of knowledge in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Previous experience of working for a main contractor in the new build and refurbishment environment.
Salary: £55K+ package
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Daniela on