Housing Services Manager
Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for an experienced Housing Services Manager to join our team in Chalkhill, London. You will be responsible for leading the delivery of excellent housing services to Metropolitan customers across a large geographical area, while being accountable for Metropolitan`s services and acting as a locality manager and overseeing relationships with key stakeholders.
You will be the direct line manager of seven housing officers and will report into the Head of Housing. Therefore, the right person will have a firm understanding of the duties carried out by housing officers and will have the ability to make business decisions and maintain and strive to improve our links within the community.
Additional travel will be required between the sites in which you cover, meetings with partner agencies and also between other Metropolitan sites within the Midlands.
About your role:
- Support the Head of Housing Services in delivering a comprehensive housing management service
- Contribute to the delivery of housing strategy and policies, taking the lead on development and implementation of local plans and strategies
- Ensure that services provided maintains and enhances Metropolitan`s reputation in the market place
- Manage and set local budgets, and ensure that expenditure remains within budget
- Ensure resources, eg people, IT, financial, are utilized efficiently and within budget
- Operate as a locality manager, taking responsibility for local services in your area even when those services may not be directly in your control
- Monitor and manage team performance, recommending and implementing actions to improve performance
- Contribute to projects and determining, implementing and embedding change
- Experience of delivering a co-ordinated housing management services
- Experience of managing a team within a performance driven environment
- Working knowledge of Housing Law
- Experience of identifying, managing and implementing change
- Excellent communication skills
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle for business purposes
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 25 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!
** Shortlisting for this role will take place on Wednesday 1st March **
** Interviews will take place on Tuesday 14th March **
Should this role be of interest please submit your CV via the apply link, including a supporting statement indicating why you believe you would be a suitable candidate for this position.