Chef Trainer / Assessor (Back of House / Pro Cookery)
KM Recruitment is a specialist UK wide recruiter for the Work Based Learning and Welfare to Work sectors.
Job Title: Chef Trainer / Assessor (Back of House / Pro Cookery)
*Trainee or Qualified Opportunity*
Location: Based in Portsmouth / surrounding areas with travel across Hampshire / Isle of Wight - Must be flexible with travel
Salary: £22,500 - £23,500 + Bonus
Package includes: Excellent Benefits Package, Mileage, Pension, Company Car after probation + Much More!
Type: Full time, Permanent
KM are currently recruiting on behalf of a private Training Provider who is looking to appoint a trainee or qualified Professional Cookery Assessor to manage a caseload of learners situated in and around Hampshire / Isle of Wight.
The successful candidate will be home based and be responsible for the training, assessment and support of a caseload of learners undertaking Apprenticeships in Professional Cookery levels 2 and 3, and to ensure the timely and accurate completions in line with company procedures and timescales.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Chef who has a passion for the training and development of others and is looking for that next step on the career ladder.
Benefits for Trainee’s include:
- Fully funded Assessor award CAVA / TAQA
- Training and support
- Fulltime/permanent employment from day one
- Deliver full Apprenticeship frameworks in; Professional Cookery and Hospitality Back of House related qualifications to levels 2/3 including Functional Skills (Maths / English / ICT) to level 2.
- Managing a caseload of up to 50 learners and to ensure timely visits and reviews are conducted.
- Visiting/observing learners in their place of work to gather evidence towards their Apprenticeship/QCF qualifications.
- Organise and maintain documentation on learners' progress.
- Support, advise and motivate learners.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet specific needs.
- Assessors are expected to take part in Learner Recruitment to maintain own caseload.
- Meet Assessor KPI’s in terms of timely visits, quality paperwork and general administration.
- Must hold occupational competency within a Professional Cookery / Chef role
- Confident with Maths, English and ICT
- Organisational skills are a must
- Confident and professional with the ability to inspire and motivate people
- Quality driven and prepared to go the extra mile for your learners
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels
- Full, clean driving licence and use of a vehicle
- Must be flexible with travel
KM Recruitment receive a high number of applications for each role advertised and although we would like to we are not always able to deliver feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 4 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.