District/Area Manager - South West
District /Area Manager - South West
Covering the following areas (Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Weston-Super-Mare, Chippenham, Newbury, Exeter, Barnstaple, Paulton, Plymouth, Taunton, Torquay, Weymouth, Yeovil)
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, sales-driven leader to join our progressive and ambitious organisation in the role of District Manager.
These are no ordinary roles. Your focus will be on modelling Districts for the future through direct responsibility and leadership of up to 15 stores; comprising of both the Sally and Salon Services brand. You will report directly into the Regional Manager for your District, with accountability for meeting and achieving the National Sales plan, ensuring the brand is strengthened and we remain the authority in the hair and beauty industry. A role model in every sense, your leadership, influence and drive will ensure both the District, Region and personal targets are exceeded.
What will you be doing? - The role
As District Manager, you will be accountable for the operational excellence and financial performance of all stores within your district.
- Responsible for translating the National Operations Strategy into a deliverable District Business Plan, communicating and cascading a clear vision of success for your District at all levels
- Manage the Districts store portfolio, business development plans and expansion strategies exploiting opportunities to further strengthen the Company's market position and commercial performance
- Continuously develop self and others to understand the external market, identifying trends and implementing plans to improve and enhance performance to drive achievement
- Deliver and support the overall Regional people agenda - engaging, hiring, developing and retaining talent
- Demonstrate an inspirational leadership style to your team of Managers ensuring that they receive clear direction and performance management within a culture of coaching and mentoring
- Instil a customer focused culture and a right first time approach, executing strategies for delivering exceptional standards, volume, growth and revenue generation, improving customer loyalty and experience
- Have full P&L accountability for your District, managing controllable expenses, ensuring the highest standards of Service, display, compliance and inventory control are maintained and that sales revenue targets are achieved and exceeded.
- Shaping and driving the successful delivery of all transformation programmes within the business and develop a culture which embraces change.
Who are we looking for? - Skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of multi-store and site management, or equivalent, managing a min turnover of at least £5m
- Experience of driving strategies, delivering step changes within the business
- Ability to take a broader view of the needs of the business vs. the needs of own District, highly commercial and proven delivery of results
- Ability to lead, coach, motivate and inspire at Store management levels
- High levels of positive energy and passion for the brand
- A strong communicator and skilled people manager, adept at succession planning and performance management
- Experience of adapting and leading teams through change, driving engagement and delivering results in challenging circumstances
- Ability to interpret data and engage stakeholders to problem solve and make informed decisions, delivering business focused solutions
Please include a covering letter with your CV detailing mobility preference and restrictions, salary expectations and notice period.