Group Head Chef - day shifts only - Nr Milton Keynes
GROUP HEAD CHEF
£35-40,000 + company benefits and day shift working only
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head Chef with some multi-site experience working in commercial customer facing fresh food quality operations to join a successful company operating in-house restaurants.
You will be a passionate foodie, be very "on trend" and aware of current food trends with the ability to tweak existing dishes and write and cost new menus and dishes - identifying opportunities. Baking is big with all bread, cakes, pastries, and most patisserie made in-house, and there is scope to build an on-site bakery to serve all the businesses.
This is a hands-on position working alongside your head chefs and brigades, covering holidays & sickness, and overseeing all the company's kitchens serving restaurants and coffee shops. This includes ensuring consistency, menu development & costing, working closely with the group hospitality manager, maintaining & improving company systems & procedures, controlling stock, wastage, budgets, GPs', labour, and ensuring compliance.
You will have a lot of autonomy - nothing is branded - to really add value and make a difference.
It is essential that you have your own transport, and a travel allowance will be paid for travel between sites.
ROLE - GROUP HEAD CHEF
As the Group Head Chef you will oversee every aspect of the company's kitchen operations:
- Recruit, train, develop, and inspire your head chefs, people and brigades
- Delivery of excellent quality food
- Continually review kitchen practices and food production
- Ensure consistency and quality of food across all sites
- Achieving budgeted sales, margins, wages costs, GP's, and profitability targets
- Liaise with and review suppliers to ensure best quality and price
- Development of food and product offer
- Stock management and wastage control
- Business development - devise & deliver function, event, and pop-up menus to drive sales
- Maintain and improve company systems & procedures
- Ensure all relevant compliance & legislation is adhered to
ATTRIBUTES - GROUP HEAD CHEF
- Experience as a head Chef with multi-site experience in high volume fresh food commercial public facing restaurants or catering operations
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- Menu development & costing
- Chef recruitment, training, and development
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- The ability to inspire, lead, coach, and motivate
- Stock management
- IT literate - working with systems & procedures
- A passionate foodie with relevant current food knowledge
This really is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company at this level with the autonomy to make a huge difference !
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.