Tensator is recognised as the global leader in the management of the customer journey and the inventor of the world leading retractable belt barrier - the Tensabarrier®. We are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer to join our expanding Design Team based at our Global Head Office in Milton Keynes.
Reporting directly to the Group Head of Design, you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary design team and be responsible for the design, development and detailing of innovative new products from initial brief through to production. Plus, the creation of queue layout drawings supporting the Global sales teams with primary focus on supporting our US Company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and detail new products from initial brief to production.
- Work with site plans/surveys to create queue layout drawings.
- Manage the design and development process including liaison with external agencies/partners to ensure new products are delivered on time, on budget and right first time.
- Produce and evaluate functional prototypes as and when required.
- Create fully detailed, tested and profitable Solution Specifications for manufacturing to include: 3D CAD models; fully dimensioned engineering production drawings; quality check engineering drawings; assembly drawings;BOMs; and test data.
- Facilitate and manage idea generating exercises that identify innovative solutions as part of the product development process.
- Continuously research and report on developments in new technology, materials and processes to include the evaluation of competitor products.
- Support and maintain the Company's NPD process.
Professional/Vocational Qualifications or specific experience:
- A good BA/BSc (Hons) Industrial Design degree or a relevant qualification in engineering.
- Minimum of three years' experience of developing new products.
- Specifying and sourcing of electronic products/components an advantage.
- Experience of developing electronics based products would be an advantage but not essential.
- Outstanding Solidworks experience.
- Adobe Creative Suite skills preferred.
- Good PC skills (Microsoft Office, Google Apps).
- Ability to liaise with and influence customers, contractors and site engineers.
- Confident with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Project management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to seek out "best fit" solution.
- Critical attention to detail.
- Dynamic, positive and energetic.
If you feel that you possess the requirements above along with the drive and ambition, then we would love to hear from you! Please submit your CV and provide your portfolio and relevant examples of your experience.