3rd Line Support Engineer
PERMANENT 3rd LINE SUPPORT ENGINEER - MILTON KEYNES – £40,000
• Do you have extensive experience as a 3rd Line Support Engineer or similar?
• Do you have your own transport?
• General office hours but you will need to be committed to work “on call” generally in a 1 in 6 basis
We are looking for an experienced 3rd Line Support/Field/Infrastructure Engineer, who has significant experience of Microsoft Windows Technologies
You will be involved in working both internally on escalated technical support enquiries, and on project based work, both remotely and on client sites. You will be involved in working closely with management to direct IT efforts to improve overall efficiency/ service delivery, propose and address areas of improvement in our customers IT infrastructure and be involved from anything to troubleshooting, to full server build and installations. So a willingness to get involved and get your hands dirty alongside the rest of the team is essential. You should also have the ability to solve complex problems. Any relevant certifications, i.e. ITIL, Microsoft, would also be beneficial.
Responsibilities for the 3rd Line Support Engineer:
• Local and remote network & desktop support Hardware management- Servers, switches, storage etc.
• 3rd Line Project based technical support
• Project planning & implementation Networking/ Infrastructure backup onsite & offsite
• Contribute to IT/ systems project initiatives
• 3rd party supplier management
• Monitor IT infrastructure to provide availability and capacity to all systems
• To work 'on call' approximately one week out of every six. There will also be the requirement for some evening and weekend work.
Key skills & experience required:
• Configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server 2008/2012
• Active Directory/ Group Policy management
• Microsoft Exchange Support VMware/ ESX Veeam
• Knowledge of Networking Technologies - TCP/IP, VLANs, LAN/WAN Routing
• Experience with Firewalls, Routers & Switches
• Good commercial exposure to Back-up software and Data Storage: SAN and NAS
• Experience in maintaining and enforcing IT security processes
• Developing technical proposals
• Experience of acting as technical lead in projects
• Root cause analysis within complex infrastructure environment
• Communicate effectively with all personnel and ensure information is accurately disseminated.
Apply with your cv immediately or ring Mandy Hayers on
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.