Staff Nurse - General Surgery
Our surgical ward is a vibrant, 24 bedded surgical facility, covering Colorectal/ Gynae/ Urology/ Transplant/ Hepatobiliary and step down HDU.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
As a Staff Nurse within the Surgical Ward, you will be responsible for to assessing, planning, delivering and implementing a high standard of nursing care and ensuring that the individual needs of all patients are responded to. In addition, you will also be responsible for the provision of all aspects of acute patient care, often with comorbidity and post-surgery recovery. This will involve tact and sensitivity when liaising with consultants, staff, patients, visitors and other internal/external departments whilst also consistently maintaining a high level of clinical practice.
Salary: £31,630 - £35,822 + 9% shift enhancement
Hours: 37.5hrs per week, working on a shift based pattern
Closing date for applications: 12th March 2017
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and deliver care, facilitate safe transfers and ensure comprehensive handover for ongoing care
- Early recognition of clinical problems or patient deterioration and report or take appropriate action
- Maintenance of accurate records and delegated departmental administrative duties
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
- Taking receipt of patients from Intensive Care and HDU, monitoring individual complex conditions
- Participate in the development and promotion of evidence based practice within the clinical area
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including the supervision of junior members of the team as directed.
Skills & Experience
- RN, NMC registered with PIN
- Significant relevant experience gained within a Surgical Ward
- A&E, ITU, HDU or step down HDU experience desirable but not essential
- Skilled in or prepared to undergo training in one or more of the following: Phlebotomy, Cannulation, management of TPN, Stoma's or VAC dressings
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be adaptable and able to meet changing working patterns and caseload, working independently as well as within the team. They will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. In addition to the required skills and experience, a positive and enthusiastic attitude will be key.
Please note we will close this role early if a suitable number of applicants are received.