IT Systems Engineer - London - £40k to £50k neg on exp
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Systems specialist to join a fast-paced technology team in a leading Media Servicing company. In this role, you will help design, support and optimise the performance of servers, media storage, switches, file processing and file delivery facilities so that the company can distribute premium TV and Film globally.
As an IT Support Engineer you will work within the technology team to support the growth of systems as the business scales its London operation. You will report to the Head of Technology and be responsible for solution design, high level and detailed design work and implementation of infrastructure services. Ensuring the smooth-running of key systems through proactive monitoring and a program of continual improvement.
The role will entail a mix of day to day support, management, and maintenance of infrastructure systems along with working project work to enhance our existing technology operations. You will be responsible for: -
- Administer networks, firewalls, physical and virtual infrastructure platforms
- Managing incidents, requests, changes and problems
- Design and develop technical solutions and methods for delivery
- Implement and configure new technology infrastructure, systems and services
- Carry out project tasks relating to technology systems
- Ensure quality through deployment planning, QA and testing
- Provide documentation and handover to operations and technology support personnel
What you'll need to succeed
Successful candidates will possess a proven track record in Networks, Infrastructure and Systems Engineering, in addition to a combination of the following skills: -
Essential experience in a working environment
- Able to demonstrate strong technical skills in Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, Linux RHEL, Centos
- Experience of virtualization technologies: VMware ESX and vSphere, Windows Hyper-V and other virtualization technologies
- Extensive network support experience with strong technical knowledge of: routers, switches, security devices and IP networking fundamentals, protocols and concepts
- Experience of SAN / NAS / archive / HSM in enterprise environments
- Experience of software configuration management systems:
- Experience of desktop platforms, including Windows and Mac
- Experience of administrating Windows server and services (AD, SSO, MFA, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Clustering, DFS, GPO, etc)
- Experience of scripting for automation, using powershell, bash, python, etc
- Experience of monitoring systems: NAGIOS, Icinga, PRTG
- A working knowledge of database and database fundamentals
Additional desirable experience
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 service management, particularly incident, problem and change management
- Knowledge of database administration: Oracle, MS SQL, MYSQL
- API integration and management
- Certification VCP, CCNA, JNCP, MCSA
What you'll get in return
In return you will be rewarded with on-going career development and training within a dynamic and fast growing international Media Servicing company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Media Minds acts as a recruitment agency for permanent roles within the Broadcast Media industries.