Commercial Motor Claims Handler
An opportunity has arisen within a Lloyds, independently owned and one of the UK's leading commercial insurance brokers. They have offices across the UK, with this particular position being based in their Billericay branch.
Joining their busy claims team, you will be responsible for a case load of a commercial motor caseload, as well as other lines of commercial business.
Your position will include;
- Being the first point of contact for customers in the reporting of all types of claim, ensuring they receive prompt and accurate advice on either contacting insurers direct, or how this will be dealt with on their behalf.
- Ensuring all required documentation in support of claims, e.g. report forms, witness statements, proofs of value, registration documents and loss assessor’s reports are dealt with as a priority and despatched to insurers or their representatives without delay.
- Negotiating with insurers, as required, in relation to the settlement of claims, both in respect of policy liability and settlement amount.
- Maintaining client records with up to date information regarding claims history, including updating of amounts paid on settlement.
- Despatch of client claims settlements received from insurers on the day of receipt.
- Assisting clients in the pursuit of any uninsured losses sustained as part of a claim. This may be by direct assistance involving contact with third parties on behalf of clients, or by ensuring the client contacts their Uninsured Loss Recovery provider.
- Maintaining a diary system for all outstanding claims and ensure these are chased regularly, keeping customers informed of progress.
- Advising clients on their options should insurers refuse indemnity under any particular policy, or wish to offer a final settlement figure below original expectations. This may involve invoking the formal Complaints Procedure, as set out in the insurer’s policy documentation, involvement of the Insurance Ombudsman Bureau and/or reference to any other dispute resolution facility.
- Providing regular reports to senior management in the business of any significant losses sustained by individual clients that might have an impact on insurer relationships.
- To complete necessary training and ensure that training obtained complements the qualities, abilities and skills needed in their job function, to perform satisfactorily and deliver a first class claims service to clients.
- Any other duties, as requested by your Line Manager, in accordance with the nature of this position.
In return they are offering a salary of up to £30,000 per annum, including a benefits package.
This is a fantastic oppoertunity for someone who has experience in commercial motor claims handling, who wants to join a growing insurance brokerage.