BIM Manager - Consultant
BIM Manager - Consultant
Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure are looking for an experienced BIM Technician or BIM Coordinator who is capable and interested in becoming an internal trainer and delivery manager for BIM within Capita. You will need to have come from a technical field involving engineering and Auto Desk and have the expertise and passion to join the Capita team as it expands and roles out BIM across its platforms and offices. This role can be performed from home or your nearest Capita office but will involve travel to London and other UK offices to provide technical support and to meet key stakeholders.
- You will have practical experience in a design or engineering company
- You will have clear experience with all or some of the following programs AutoCAD, Revit, Civils 3D and Microstation
- Specifically you will have used Revit OR Civils 3D and be well versed in BIM specific software packages and UK standard BIM documents.
- You must be comfortable and have engaging and professional presentation skills as you are expected present to small and large groups.
- You will be able to provide BIM consultancy support and advice to managers and client/project teams in the area of BIM adoption, work winning, project set-up & audits and thought leadership.
Full Job Details
This role offers you an interesting career working across a range of disciplines and projects with an internal support focus rather than a more usual project focussed role. This is a significant development opportunity for someone with enthusiasm and BIM experience to progress to a strategic company role and work at the forefront of BIM development in the UK.
There are strong career opportunities in the Technology team and across the Capita group nationwide and overseas, with a strategy of secondment and resource sharing to enable maximum opportunity for individuals.
The culture is one of promotion according to talent and impact, not time-served in the business. Ambition is expected and rewarded.
- Design or Engineering background
- Knowledge of the UK BIM Standard documents
- Experience with key BIM software packages
The ICT Team operates across the scope of the Technology business and we lead a comprehensive range of ICT consultancy and delivery services from strategy, solution specification and design, through to detailed design and project management of solution delivery.
Currently, our key clients include the Houses of Parliament, Department for Transport, Transport for London, the Highways Agency, and other internal parts of the wider Capita Group.
Reporting to the lead BIM Consultant and as part of the Capita Technology business unit, the role is as follows:
- Responsible for the provision of BIM learning and development throughout the company to complement the previously provided range of BIM training.
- Work with key stakeholders across the business to identify, create, facilitate and deliver BIM learning and development solutions to meet individual and operational requirements in line with business goals.
- Create and deliver the strategic BIM roadmap for the business.
- Provide BIM consultancy support and advice to managers and client/project teams in the area of BIM adoption, work winning, project set-up & audits and thought leadership.
- Responsible for managing the company's internal BIM steering group and chairing meetings.
- Provide ongoing support to the lead BIM consultant and the wider Technology team in the delivery of projects requiring BIM expertise
Primary Role - Internal Training and Support Consultant:
- Creating and delivering imaginative in-house training sessions, including writing and updating training programmes and collation of materials/user guides, to support the increased adoption of BIM and rollout of any new systems, company policies and procedures or training needs.
Typically these include but are not limited to:-
- Team leader/manager training;
- Project-oriented training
- Specific software training - e.g. Revit, Civils 3D, Navisworks (train the trainer support provided by agreement)
- induction programmes;
- 1-2-1 coaching;
- and internal quality systems such as any BMS Policies on BIM Standards
- Ensuring follow-up on learning and development sessions to all participants and managers by way of agreed internal evaluation processes.
- Working with BIM steering group and team leaders to assess and respond to needs for individual and team development in order to provide appropriate, practical and effective learning solutions, including 1-2-1 coaching.
- Ensuring that all training activities are captured on the training record and that all training activities are reported accurately and available for audit or investigations, when required.
- Provide the business with a frontline support contact for all BIM related topics.
- Keeping up to date with new BIM developments by attending relevant seminars and conferences and subscribing to relevant information sources.
Key Skills / Experience
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about BIM practices and policies.
- Engaged with the UK BIM community
- Good software skills - AutoCAD, Revit, Civils 3D, Microstation, etc.
- Strong communicator on a one-to-one basis and in a group environment.
- Strong literacy skills with an ability to write guidance and standards documents
- Creative and innovative approach to training and change management
- Self-disciplined, happy working alone and in a team.
- Confident and able to influence at the highest level of the organisation.
- Flexible about where you work and timings to fit operational needs.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.