Quality Complaints Engineer
Quality Complaints Engineer - Wolverton
We are looking for a Quality Complaints Engineer to be based in in the Milton Keynes area for a world leading Rail Company who maintain, repair and overhaul Rolling Stock for Train Operating and Leasing companies, giving customers unrivalled capacity and capability to keep trains running in safe and reliable, revenue earning service.
The Quality Complaints Engineer will ensure customer contractual obligation is fulfilled on immediate part replenishment, complaint reporting and investigation.
- Ensuring that all complaints are logged accurately, acknowledged within agreed lead-time.
- Administration of the 1st phase of the complaints process, including logging, ascertaining required information, liaising with stores, suppliers, internal and external customers
- Creation of route cards on SAP for the Quality TEAM to proceed with investigation of customer complaints, or investigate personally as required.
- Ordering replacement and repair parts/services on SAP upon agreement of complaint.
- Manage the complaint tracking sheet and support customer meetings with that data.
- Assess reported fault to determine complaint level and carry out fault confirmation actions accordingly.
- Liaise with customer to understand in- situ concern.
- Identify and communicate product/service improvement opportunities to the management group.
- Monitor, review and report key performance indicator metrics and failure trends
- Provide clear communication to customers and within business in regards to warranty claims / customer quality issues.
- Host Customer visits on site when required to demonstrate effectiveness of implemented actions
- Minor UK travel expected, and potential training in Europe.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- A degree (or equivalent qualification e.g. HND and or associated experience) in engineering
- SAP Knowledge is desirable (QM Module)
- Previous experience of working in complaint handling environment
- Highly organised and single minded focus on task
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility to work in a fluctuating demand environment
- Excellent Customer facing skills
- Good ability with Microsoft applications including Word and Excel is essential
- Ability to use primary measuring devices unaided to support containment checks internally and at client's site
- Ability to understand and capture the customer's concerns at all stages of the complaints management process
- Able to lead a problem solving team to provide a robust corrective and preventive action report
- Progress and validate corrective actions from inception to completion using 8D methodology and complementary problem solving tools
- Salary - £30,000 to £35,000 - dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip
Delaloye on or call on Rail01
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.