Athwal Resourcing is recruiting for a Management Accountant on a temporary contract on a full time basis for 6 + months based in Wolverhampton. The role reports into the Director of Finance you will be responsible for maintaining effective control over the company's financial reporting and management information systems and procedures to enable production of accurate, timely and relevant management information.
- Producing the monthly management accounts and reporting, including month end processes and journal entry;
- Investigation into budget and forecast variances and liaison with budget holders in understanding their cost base;
- Responsible for Balance Sheet account reconciliations and analysis, to be completed in a timely manner;
- Understanding the key financial data to drive decision making/improvements in financial performance;
- Preparation of VAT returns and submissions;
- Daily sales reporting and analysis of company sales and product activity;
- Operating expense overhead reviews and feedback on variances to budget holders;
- Monthly control and posting of accruals, prepayments and accounting transactions.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Part Qualified/Qualified Accountant at least AAT or Graduate;
- Must have at least 2 years' experience working in an accounts environment;
- In depth knowledge of bookkeeping to trial balance, accounting ledgers and management accounts experience;
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Access, Word and Outlook;
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise own workload;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Good communication skills (both verbally and in writing);
- High levels of enthusiasm and confidence with a positive team and can-do attitude;
- Must pay attention to detail.
My client can offer flexible hours for the right candidate.