Finance Business Analyst, Birmingham
Haig&Co have been engaged to assist a leading utilities business based in Birmingham in their search for an important and exciting role within the organisation as Finance Business Analyst.
As Finance Business Analyst you will report to the Head of Controlling and join a team working in a fast paced delivery-focused environment providing business analysis and commercial expertise for the development of detailed business requirements ensuring full traceability in line with key business frameworks.
- Analysis of complex data, data flows, reconciliations, balance sheet provisions and production of accurate operational MI reporting
- Provision of accurate and commercial business performance commentary in line with key performance indicators and framework guidelines
- Supporting the controlling team with provision of relevant and valuable analysis in order to support priority decisions across the business
- Providing weekly and monthly commercial insights to maintain robust and successful financial management
- Working with senior stakeholders and wider operational managers to share knowledge and expertise and recommending new initiatives business improvement
Personal Skills & Experience:
- Part Qualified/Finalist CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
- Proven background in similar Finance Business Analyst type role, delivery focused, financial analysis role is preferred
- Utility experience will be a distinct advantage although not essential
- Previous background of working within a heavily regulated industry would be beneficial
- Flexible approach to problem solving with a self-starting attitude
- Demonstrates attention to detail and pride in managing controls and process effectively and not afraid to recommend changes to improve working practices
- First class written, oral communication and influencing skills with strong ability to engage senior key stakeholders
- Educated to degree level of equivalent preferred
If you are looking for your next move to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, then this role as Finance Business Analyst is for you. As well as being interesting and diverse, the role provides an excellent career opportunity enabling the successful person exposure to develop and gain serious stakeholder management skills and influencing experience.