3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer
The IT Department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Bank’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all users. The department is responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the Bank.
Reporting To: IT Manager
- Troubleshooting system and network problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software Incidents/problems
- Install, maintain and support new applications and Infrastructure
- Work to SLA thresholds for incident(s), request(s) and problem(s)
- Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to incidents and Problems
- Dealing with and resolving routine helpdesk requests e.g. adding users, Active Directory updating, e-mail account creation, general IT trouble shooting such as printing and escalating where necessary
- Maintain appropriate logs of equipment, users and operational activities
- Installation, configuration and support of IT equipment (PC, printers etc)
- Participate in IT projects as instructed by the IT manager
- Prioritising and managing several open cases and mini projects at one time
- Antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops
- Patching of network and phones
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Creating and maintaining Excel Spreadsheet for IT purchasing and licenses
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Ensure change control procedures are enforced, error logging and the correction of errors in conjunction with other members of the Support teams and IT Department procedures.
- Work as a team member, providing support to 1st and 2nd line team when required.
- A Computer Degree or equivalent IT Qualifications
- Microsoft MCSA Windows Server Infrastructure, Messaging and Database Qualification
- Cisco CCNP Routing, Switching and Security Qualification or Higher
- 8 - 10 years 2nd / 3rd Infrastructure Engineer experience
- Good IT support experience with Windows 8 & 10 deployed in a networked environment of more than 50 users.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows server infrastructure covering all Windows 2003-2012 R2 servers. Skilled at configuring services such as AD, GPO, DNS, DHCP, DFS, printing, terminal services, permissions, auditing and monitoring. Able to troubleshoot complex issues
- Excellent knowledge of PowerShell, VB Scripting
- Excellent knowledge of Windows based servers Exchange 2010, and SQL 2005-2012. Also knowledge of Windows based certificate services
- Cisco (Routing/switching/security) - good knowledge of ASAs, VLANS an IPS implementations on ASAs.
- VOIP (Voice over IP) - good knowledge of installation, configuration and troubleshooting SIP VOIP
- Excellent knowledge of VMWare/Vsphere 5.5. Familiarity with VMware Storage appliance, vshield, vcenter ops mgr.
- Excellent knowledge of Citrix Presentation Manager/Microsoft Terminal Services
- Knowledge of web/email filtering (Websense/Mimecast/Sophos preferred)
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Problem solving ability - identify and resolve
- Knowledge of Microsoft windows, Microsoft Office suite 2010/2013, and common printer issues. Intermediate knowledge with Microsoft Excel 2010 - 2013
- Planning and organisational skills - use initiative to manage and prioritise demanding workload
- Strong communication and relationship- building skills
- Strong team player able to work effectively with diverse client groups
- Empathy with mission, objectives and values of The Bank