Automotive Workshop Controller
Automotive, Motor Trade Job: Workshop Controller Required in Manchester.
Salary: Up to £34,000 Basic, OTE £37,000 Per Annum
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Motor Trade Jobs / Automotive Vacancies: Workshop Controller Required for Commercial Main Dealer - Manchester
Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic individual to fill a Workshop Controller role.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the main job function will be to ensure the profitable and efficient operation of the Workshop and to achieve maximum utilisation from productive staff ensuring that service process steps are adhered to and all work is processed in a productive and efficient manner in line with the Company quality policy and relevant health & safety standards.
Other duties within the role will include:
* To ensure high standards of quality and keeping rectification work to a minimum.
* To use initiative and work in conjunction with the Customer Service Reception to ensure that the workshop is loaded to its full
potential at all times controlling labour efficiency and productivity to required expectations;
* To identify jobs that are exceeding their allocated times and address these issues as appropriate with the relevant technician/
* To control the day to day running of the workshop and liaise with Supervisor(s) and Service/Depot Manager.
* To manage the handover of complex or potentially contentious jobs to ensure full buy in and agreement from the customer.
* To manage the performance of the Service Department to ensure that KPI targets are met and ensure that productive staff are
aware of their workload.
The successful candidates will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
* Previous experience with a supervisory/managerial capacity, preferably within the Commercial Vehicle Industry;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Full knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual;
* An understanding of Operators Licence Laws and Regulations;
* Ability to maintain personal technical knowledge and skills and remain up to date on best working practices.
* Technical qualifications equivalent to City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Technology;
* Ability to work well under pressure and on own initiative.
* Computer literate and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
If this role interests you, a highly competitive package is provided in return and is within a busy workshop environment.
To apply please send your CV to Jamie Fisher quoting Job Ref: J67435, Workshop Controller, Manchester.
Please remember to add your home phone number, mobile number, email address and full address to your CV. If this information is missing it slows down our process and may result in us not being able to contact you.
Continue your job search on Facebook : https://MotorTradeJobs
Perfect Placement UK Ltd is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Copyright © Perfect Placement UK Limited 2017.
The reproduction, transmission or other use of all or any part of this advert to or in any media, without Perfect Placement UK Limited's prior written permission is prohibited and may result in criminal or civil actions.
Please contact our office on if you wish to discuss this copyright.