Head Chef - New Home Opening
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity the be the Head Chef at our brand new care home opening in High Wycombe?
Our Gracewell Home in Lane End is a purpose built state of the art 72 bed home due to open in Summer 2017. We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to come and join our team in April.
Gracewell Healthcare is creating a new generation of luxury boutique care homes in the UK. Each one represents care the way it should be: built around the unique needs of each individual. We provide quality care in luxury care homes that are beautifully designed. We pay attention to the smallest details to deliver best-in-class personalised care. And we are driven by our commitment to providing the best possible care for each and every one of our residents.
The Head Chef is responsible for dining operations in the home adhering to Gracewell policies and procedures. You will report to the Home Manager with responsibility for procurement, preparation and service of food per Gracewell Menu Programme.
Your experience will demonstrate financial management of food and dining services and being able to maintain labour costs and manage supplies to budget control expectation. The Head Chef is responsible for recruitment of all catering staff, leading, supervising and coaching team members identifying any training need requirements. You will deliver a seamless food service ensuring safe food handling at all times for the prevention of food borne illnesses and sanitation cleanliness of all food service areas. Other administration duties will include accurate record keeping, inventory and rotation management of products for regulatory compliance ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen at all times.
- Minimum two years experience in similar role as a Head Chef / Catering Manager with hands on experience
- Possess 706/1 706/2 or equivalent NVQ qualifications
- Possess intermediate food hygiene certificate
- Possess knowledge of nutrition and therapeutic diets
- Supervisory and management experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles and interests
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to facilitate small group presentations
- Competent in organisational, time management skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstration of proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience in creative menu writing desirable
- Ability to train kitchen staff in all area
- 25 days Holiday pay
- 'Your choices' voluntary benefits - employee discounted scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme with Halfords