Procurement Governance Manager
Can you Manage and develop procurement decision making governance including Procurement Assurance processes to ensure procurement practices and guidance are complaint with Public Contracts Regulations? If so, we would like to hear from you.
Our client is the local authority serving the heart of London and they are looking to recruit an individual who can identify simple and quick ways to buy goods and liaise with other organisations on procurement requirements to reduce cost through joined-up purchasing.
In this role you will develop procurement policies and procedures to achieve best value, manage risk, encourage complaint ways of working and support delivery of corporate objectives. You will also Develop and promote standardised procurement documentation including contract Terms and Conditions as well as providing advice and support for the management team.
Ideally you will be Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Proven track record of working in an environment where customer needs are variable and crucially, the ability to advise and make decisions at speed.
- Strong commercial skills and highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong reporting using own initiative, assumptions and presenting data in clear and concise ways
- Skills/ Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of procurement processes including but not limited to the Public Sector
- In depth knowledge of Public Contracts Regulations
- Strong knowledge of legal aspects of contracts including contract drafting
- Problem Solver - ability to identify and resolve issues with speed
- Personable - able to build trusting relationships
- Business results orientated - focused on delivering value that will directly lead to achievement of business results
- Independent thinker - able to offer new ideas to challenge/influence the status quo in support of the business strategy
- Customer driven - understands the customer needs that will support delivery of the business strategy and implements these where appropriate
- Self developer - Invests time in their own development and encourages others
- Influencer - Positively influences others (external/internal) in support of business objectives