Nursery Deputy Manager
Nursery Deputy Manager
Southfields - London
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Nursery Deputy Manager to work in our clients outstanding nursery setting in Southfields, London.
Job purpose for Nursery Deputy Manager
To provide effective management support to the Nursery Manager. The Deputy Manager must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the nursery operations; this includes a good understanding of the regulatory and practice requirements, staff management, customer service and some financial aspects. They are accountable for the nursery in the absence of the Nursery Manager.
The duties & responsibilities for the Nursery Deputy Manager
- Have a child centred approach to the running of the nursery.
- Demonstrate and ensure good practice and compliance with the EYFS framework through use of the nurseries policies and procedures.
- Encourage and model appropriate behaviour and expectations.
- Ensure the maintenance and review of accurate and effective children's records.
- Lead, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality.
- Participate in recruiting, inducting, supporting and training staff to ensure high quality childcare.
- Work with other supervisory staff to manage the smooth running of the nursery day.
- Lead and promote parent partnership.
- Develop in self and others, a strong sense of customer focus.
- Assist the Nursery Manager to organise and run parents events.
- Work with the Nursery Manager to ensure that both the nursery environment and staff practice meets high standards.
- Understand child protection issues and act as the designated person for safeguarding children in the absence of the Nursery Manager.
- Practice and role model positive behaviour management techniques.
- Deploy staff effectively to maintain staffing ratios in accordance with statutory regulations.
- Support the Nursery Manager, to work with the team to achieve good or better inspection outcomes.
- Attend and encourage team to attend training sessions and staff meetings necessary for continuing professional development.
So if you think you have the appropriate skills and experience for this nursery deputy manager role, please do not hesitate, and apply today!
Successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks of application. If you haven't been contacted within this period, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion