Property Claims Handler
- To work as part of a team in the most efficient manner to achieve business objectives whilst proactively handling claims. Ensuring all work carried out is to a highly professional standard
- Accurately and promptly accept and process new instructions as far as competently possible.
- Case ownership to deal with claim from beginning to end.
- Awareness of and compliance with SLA’s.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- Be flexible and willing to learn
- Handling property damage claims.
- Manage client instructions through the development of high quality interpersonal skills and create good client relationships built around trust, respect and speedy resolution of claims.
- Case ownership - to deal with claim from beginning to end within an agreed authority level.
- Awareness of and compliance with service criteria throughout work.
- Dealing with telephone queries, day to day within agreed service criteria.
- Reviewing cases and workflow in a proactive manner and taking action to move claim forward, referring where necessary.
- Dealing with and liaising with client and policy holders as appropriate.
- Working as part of a team
General Background, Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Ability to handle Property claims, personal and/or commercial.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Quality focus. Ability to demonstrate consistently.
- Team focused - working with colleagues throughout the business to achieve a common goal.
- Proactive - ability to organize and prioritise own caseload.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, negotiation & communication skills.
- Team player.
- Relevant experience in Insurance.
- Progress towards CII qualification.
- Property Insurance claims background.