Business Development Manager
Have you got consultative sales experience?
With a UK acquisition, international growth and some major six figure deals, our client is a key and growing player in its market. Offering a supportive environment and continual training, this is an opportunity where you can develop a successful career over a number of years.
As a Business Development Manager what will a typical day involve?
- Account Management; run a portfolio of existing clients, all the time looking for opportunities to drive extra revenue (70%)
- Business Development; take qualified leads and convert them into paying customers using consultative selling techniques (30%)
- Bid Management; write compelling bids that take the customers requirements and turn them into compelling stories
- Presentations; deliver presentations and demonstrations of the products and solutions to senior partners in FTSE 350 companies, with a balance on addressing their particular needs
- Negotiation; successfully bring deals to a mutually beneficial close
So what experience and attributes will help you be a success in this role?
- Be able to demonstrate a successful consultative sales approach, selling a complex proposition
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong communication skills in both writing and in person
- Natural account management and planning skills
- Instinct to look for opportunities to help clients solve their business issues, all the while increasing revenue for the business
What is the salary for the Business Development Manager role?
£45 - £55,000 basic, OTE £70 - £80,000 + car allowance + benefits