Motor Claims Theft Handler
Barker Munro are delighted to once again be working with this ever-expanding motor insurance company who are currently looking to fill the role of Theft & Fire Investigator within their office in Haywards Heath.
The main job purpose of the Theft & Fire Investigator is to pro-actively screen and investigate a portfolio of motor theft and fire claims.
The responsibilities for this role are as follows
- Screening incoming theft and arson claims against known fraud indicators and other risk factors, identifying cases where investigation is required.
- Utilising a variety of desktop tools (CUE, MIAFTR etc) as well as various internet checks and databases to assist with claimant profiling and to determine the direction of the investigation.
- Telephonic interviewing of claimants utilising specialist cognitive interviewing and conversation management techniques in order to further determine risk and separate honesty from inconsistency.
- Pursuing follow up inquiries with external parties including regulatory and licensing authorities, other insurers and law agencies.
- Providing focused instructions to, and subsequently liaising with, specialist investigative suppliers including field investigators, engineers and forensic specialists.
- Validating documents and keys.
- Assessing the completed 'evidential picture’ in order to determine the correct outcome for the claim.
- Managing claims caseload, in accordance with the Markerstudy claims philosophy, claims handling procedures and service levels.
- Adhering to agreed personal authority limits, referring to line manager for authorisation where activity exceeds such limits.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements (including "treating customers fairly" principles, DPA and FSA).
- Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence by use of telephone, e-mail and letter.
- Maintaining good file discipline and accurate reserves, together with an effective diary system which ensures that cases are reviewed on a regular basis.
To be successful in the above role, you have experience of working within a motor claims theft environment and any experience of working within an investigation team would be an advantage.
If you would like to apply for the above role, please do so using the relevant links
Keywords: Motor Claims, Theft Claims, Fire Claims, Claims Investigation, Motor Claims roles in Sussex