Marketing Manager - FMCG - £35k-£45k - Birmingham
We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an experienced FMCG Marketing Manager. The Marketing Manager will join a successful Marketing department, supporting the sales function to deliver commercial growth. Driven through a combination of B2B marketing and direct to consumer marketing, the successful candidate will be responsible for raising awareness of the marketing and service support package available to various trade customer types. This is a busy, hands on role and the right individual will need to roll up their sleeves as well as provide a more strategic and forward looking approach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Manager will drive the full trade marketing strategy to deliver brand awareness and what differentiates the business within their sector. In addition the successful candidate will be a key focal point for both internal and external customers.
- Drive forward the vision of the brand and key business priorities
- Develop and implement marketing plans to ensure that the trade brand and consumer brands are communicated properly, within guidelines and to the right customers
- Take direction from the Category Manager to establish the product and service proposition and key messaging for all trade and consumer marketing activity
- Develop marketing material across multiple formats and channels
- Prepare and present marketing activity to key customers and internally
- Support sales teams with communication and presentations on key marketing and service messages
- Develop and manage a programme of marketing activity for key consumer brands
- Manage and build relationships with networks of displaying retailers for each consumer brand
- Work with internal resource and third party agencies to deliver material including managing the briefing process
- Provide customer feedback on marketing support, products and competitors to colleagues
- Carry out sales analysis to track impact of marketing campaigns and inform future decisions
- Plan and manage new product launches as part of on-going NPD programme
- Coach, train, develop and performance manage the Marketing Coordinator to maximise online and digital marketing opportunities and engage trade and consumer audiences with compelling content
The successful candidate will have a strong track record in trade marketing across multiple channels and a proven record of owning and delivering projects. Our client is looking for a tenacious, action orientated individual, with exceptional communication and presentation skills. The individual should be highly pro-active and with an open-mind to evolve the marketing approach and material when needed to suit a changing customer base and consumer. Consumer marketing experience would also be an advantage.
- Proven experience in brand management, preferably in an FMCG or B2B environment
- Proven experience of using analytics and online reporting tools
- Experience of managing agencies for results (especially marketing, print and event management)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Budget management experience
- Excel and data analysis skills and interpretation
- Category management experience
- People management experience
- The ability to work collaboratively, cross-functionally and as part of a team.
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Tenacious, innovative, and positive mindset.