Developer In Test
- Degree in Computer Science and 4+ years’ experience, or 6+ years’ experience in a similar area.
- Have proven experience in:
o Building and maintaining an automated test infrastructure to validate functional quality of multi tenanted, feature right software
o Building and maintaining an automated test infrastructure to validate non-functional requirements of software and hardware components in a Software as a Service (SaaS), highly distributed, highly scalable environment, including - performance, scalability, high availability and disaster recovery
o Performance Testing and the use of tools such as JMeter.
o UI Regression testing using automated testing frameworks such as Phantom JS and Selenium.
o Programming and scripting
o Communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organisation.
o Developing in a Linux environment and in utilising virtual machines
o With Test Driven Development (TDD) and establishing unit test infrastructures
o Automating the validation of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
o Interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
o Evaluating and integrating open source and in-house developed toolsets
- Have knowledge of:
o Industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
o RDBMS (preferably Postgres v9+), Apache, Tomcat, Java (1.8+), Messaging (RabbitMQ), DevOps, AWS and Event Driven Architectures.
o Professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Awareness of performance and security concerns in a SaaS environment.
- Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to test product quality and performance.
- Establish processes and tools set to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports.
- Evaluate and make decisions on the test tools required in a SaaS, highly scalable, highly distributed, high performance environment.
- Design, develop and maintain automated non-functional test harness’s.
- Generate reports to clearly communicate the functional issues.
- Design, develop and maintain automated functional test harness.
- Generate reports to clearly communicate any non-functional issues such as performance, scalability, high availability and disaster recovery
- Troubleshoot and isolate problems encountered during testing; triage and root cause analysis.
- Integrate harnesses with the Source Code Management (SCM) infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.