The Role of Events Coordinator is to effectively, sensitively and professionally coordinate key internal events and assist the team.
As an integral part of the Events Team reporting to the Head of Events, this role must work efficiently, independently and with others ensuring they communicate well and support the day to day activities of the Events Department.
- To be responsible for the coordination of internal events on site. They will be the main point of contact for these events, liaising with other departments, and will run the event on the day.
- To assist Event Managers in the delivery of their events where required at busy times.
- To coordinate the departments weekly and monthly schedules, planners and financial reports
- General office administration to support the Events Departments running.
- To coordinate all Social media activity (on all platforms) for the Events Department ensuring content is relevant, in line with policies and as creative and engaging as possible.
- To assist the Head of Events with events PR ensuring sign off is given by the Communications department; seeking exciting marketing opportunities and making vital contacts that will help expose the venue to new audiences.
- To manage, update and maintain all venues marketing webpages.
- To produce content and image libraries that can be used to help sell the venue spaces and to promote.
- Conducting Market Research, producing competitor analysis reports
- To develop and seek new business relationships
- Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to at all times throughout the site
- To actively review and develop systems, procedures and policies to ensure the department is up to date, efficient and effective in its running.
- To draw up contractual agreements and invoices for venue hire and ensure an effective and coherent filing system is being maintained.
- Maintaining good communication with all suppliers on the run up to events ensuring feedback is given where necessary
- To strive to improve and refine the event planning and delivery process to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction are gained and the least impact is had on the building and pensioners.
- To answer all relevant event enquiries via email and telephone and respond to clients accordingly producing accurate and informative quotations.
- Conducting informative site visits of the event spaces.
- To support the Head of Events with the delivering of targets, strategies and initiatives.
Other responsibilities will include
- Maintain the highest standards of ethical and personal practice.
- Attend meetings, events and conferences as required- acknowledging that some of these may be out of hours
- Able to deal with all clients.
- To uphold and promote the reputation when on and off site.
- Dealing with queries from colleagues, potential clients and the general public in a polite and professional manner.
- Attending supplier meetings and developing strong working relationships.
- Attending key commercial events to raise exposure of the venue.
- Internal communication - Informing other departments of Events Schedules
- Fully IT literate and proficient
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written & spoken
- Excellent team worker
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Any relevant event qualification
- Event Software knowledge
- Personal License Holder
- First Aid trained