Quantitative Risk Analyst
Our client is a trader of Commodity and Energy products including, Gas, Power, LNG and Oil etc. based in Central London.
We are seeking an experienced Quantitative Risk Analyst with a strong mathematical background (option pricing, storage/swing valuation, Monte Carlo simulation models, optimisation) and strong coding experience (VB.NET, C++, C#, F#).
Whilst the role will initially be offered on a 12 month FTC basis; it is envisaged that the role will be extended or made permanent; in line with the business growth. You will work on special projects and assist in further developing the Risk department.
- Enhancement of VaR methodologies and any associated risk metrics, such as Gamma or Vega VaR; communicate of methodologies to the wider business;
- Conduct ad-hoc quantitative analyses on the portfolio risk profile and propose new risk measures or stress tests accordingly;
- Development of valuation methodologies for complex contracts, such as gas storage, swing, power tolling;
- Development of risk metrics for complex businesses, such as LNG and blending of Products;
- Automate various Market Risk processes, such as stress testing or back testing in order to promote efficiencies within the team;
- Take ownership of short-term IT projects to develop or enhance our risk systems and risk metrics (e.g. prototyping offline analytical tools and liaising with developers in order to meet delivery timelines);
- Contribute pro-actively to the regular assessment of the risk metric methodologies and the back\stress testing processes as the business develops and report any issue, loophole or inconsistency to the Market Risk manager;
- Develop collaborative relationship with key stakeholders across the board (FO, MO, Ops, Finance and IT);
- Improve and develop processes and valuation methodologies using various tools, such as F#, C#, SOL and VBA.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Degree in Finance/Banking/Mathematics/Engineering or equivalent Qualifications
- Market Risk (or Trading) Background
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience
- Strong understanding of risks (i.e. Greeks) and P&L attribution in the context of options and structured Gas and Power products;
- Strong understanding of VaR-type metrics and option pricing concepts;
- Knowledge of swing and storage valuation;
- Knowledge of programming (F#, C#, VBA) and database query tools (SQL) advantageous;
- Track record of automation of manual processes;
- Track record of improving existing procedures;
- Experience in commodity markets and products;
- Project management experience;
- Able to take and maintain an independent approach and challenge where appropriate.