Covering the globe with 7 international offices from New York through to Singapore, Barrington James have an unrivalled share scheme, with 41% of the business set aside for its employees.
We are looking for a passionate Sales Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for servicing their own patch of both active and potential leads, engaging and educating key contacts at all levels with the aim of growing sales and driving advocacy across the patch.
The position will report to one of our Sales Directors and will involve all aspects of sales – business planning, meetings, creative ideas, writing proposals, management of sales pipeline, recruiting and training consultants, developing sales strategies and setting targets, monitoring your team’s performance and motivating them to reach targets and of course client entertainment.
You will need to thrive in a fast-moving business environment, have strong communication skills, a good understanding of the pharma sector and market position.
- Drive sales activity and ensure delivery of sales targets
- Demonstrate rounded industry knowledge, our place in the sector and a clear understanding of our services
- Keep up to date on all industry specific news and competitors and be able to update teams on specific clients upon request
- Ensure regular contact with clients set through phone calls, digital media & in person, keeping them up to date with our offering, understanding their activity and objectives and client account management
- Proactively devise strategies to manage and overcome objections, working with the senior team to improve our product and capabilities as well as marketing efforts and additional services to be offered to clients
- Develop senior relationships that improve our trading position, cementing us as a core strategic partner
- Accurately forecast sales pipeline revenues & identify opportunities for additional revenue growth and compiling and analysing sales figures
- Generate & respond to requests-for-proposals
- Negotiate and close deals; ensuring costs and operational resource are kept within acceptable levels
- Deliver superior client management, performance and reporting through working closely with team members
- Perform all required administrative tasks across a number of internal and external systems;
- Compiling and analysing sales figures and report to internal management as required
Essential Attributes and Personal Qualities
- Excellent industry contacts and established relationships
- At least a bachelor degree in business or relevant field
- Proven ability to confidently represent yourself internally and to external clients
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to build rapport with clients
- Commercially aware and goal orientated, with strong numeracy skills
- Be fully conversant with pharma industry terminology
- Ability to think creatively and sell in out-of-the-box solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and within short deadlines
- A self-starter and have natural motivation to succeed
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Excellent team management and organisational skillsJob Title