Systems and Projects Administrator (Finance)
Systems and Projects Administrator (Finance) - based in Haywards Heath
Salary up to £22400.00
This is a great opportunity to join an established and friendly company:
The Finance Systems Administrator will work closely with the rest of the Finance Systems and Projects Team in providing helpdesk support and training on the clients finance systems, undertaking systems administration, maintenance and data reconciliation procedures, and also providing support to system and process improvement projects.
- Support finance systems users through responding to helpdesk queries, resolving system errors, providing introductory user training and preparing ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Undertake finance system maintenance and administration procedures including code and user set up, exchange rate update, period end processes and system interface monitoring.
- Monitor data integrity across the finance systems, undertaking periodic transaction, chart of accounts and reference data clean-up activities.
- Update system process how-to guides, cost centre and chart of accounts structure documents on the intranet.
- Provide support to the implementations of new and upgraded processes and systems, undertaking administration and analysis tasks, developing training materials using multiple channels and tools.
- Joint working within the Finance Systems and Projects team, as required and appropriate.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Finance Team
Jobholder entry requirements - the essential knowledge, skills and behaviours required
Knowledge (education and related experience):
- Educated to A-level or equivalent with ideally a focus on accounting, mathematics or IT related subjects.
- Experience of working in an office environment, preferably in a finance role.
- Knowledge of core accounting principles and controls (desirable).
- An interest in the international charity sector.
Skills (special training or competence):
- Confident communicator, able to support people across different levels of the organisation and to work remotely with colleagues based overseas (Africa, Asia and Europe).
- High level of numeracy and information technology skills including exposure to accounting systems.
- Willingness to develop in depth finance systems skills and knowledge with a can-do attitude to taking on new tasks.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Attention to detail to ensure integrity of finance systems.
- Ability to undertake complex data analysis and reconciliation.
- Ability to work pro-actively in a team environment.
- Communicating and influencing
- Team working
- Planning and organising
- Change and improvement
- Decision making
- Delivery and implementation
- Finance Systems and Projects Manager
- Finance Systems and Projects Officer
- Head of Finance
- Finance Team, generally
- All users in the global organisation of finance systems, generally
- Central IT, support and services teams and staff
- Global finance staff
- Software suppliers
- Support organisations