Property Services Manager
Property Services Manager - Department of Community and Children’s Services (Housing Services)
Salary- £45,490 - £51,870 pa inclusive of London Weighting (depending on performance/experience)
The City of London manages 3 estates (including the iconic Barbican Estate) in the Square Mile and a further 9 estates in other London boroughs. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and people skills and a track record of delivering a first class service
You and your team will be responsible for the effective delivery of the repairs and maintenance contracts along with cyclical works contracts and service contracts
- Experience at a middle management level in a complex organisation to include
Experience of managing repairs and planned Maintenance services
- Possession of relevant professional qualifications is desirable
- Evidence of continuing personal management development
- Demonstrable ability to work at both strategic and operational levels
- Demonstrable experience of delivering change in a complex organisation and of having embraced new ways of working
- Responsible for providing a comprehensive high quality, customer focussed responsive repairs, planned maintenance and improvement projects service, ensuring that team members and all partners/contractors who work with the City of London Housing Service comply with the terms of their contracts and to CoL’s policies on health and safety, equal opportunity and risk management strategies.
- Assist the Asset Manager in the planning phases of programmes and projects and lead in their delivery ensuring that, in liaison with the Barbican Estate Manager and the Area Housing Managers, residents are fully consulted and kept informed at all times.
- Act as lead for the City in its relationships with all contractors delivering
projects, programmes and repairs to properties and estates, ensuring that all
financial and performance management targets are met, and striving for
measurable continuous improvement in the service delivered.
- Identify seasonal demand profiles for repairs to track trends and future
services needs and requirements, developing appropriate work plans to meet
- Maintain a rigorous performance management programme across the group,
including the collecting, monitoring and reporting of performance information.
- Collate, analyse and report on performance, using this as a driver to further
improvements. Target investment/cyclical works to reduce the need for
responsive repairs based on information collated.
- Assist in the delivery of customer services, supporting the Customer and
Support Service team with the provision of access to expert technical advice,
dealing with escalated enquiries and liaison with third party contractors to
- Lead and co-ordinate the investigation of and response to complaints
regarding the repair and maintenance of properties.
For full details of the job description please follow the link below.
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday, 8 March 2017.
To apply online please click the Apply now link.
The City of London Corporation is committed to Equal Opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.