To write compelling and persuasive copy and content which reinforces the brand and customer service values of Robert Dyas and generates brand advocacy
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop the Robert Dyas personality and tone of voice across all communications
- Deliver consistent and comprehensive copy for all products and ranges across all sales channels (store, web, advertising, publications); demonstrating clear benefits, making all ranges easy to shop and maximising the sale opportunity for adds-ons and cross sells
- Developing non-product specific content which reinforces the brand and the proposition.
- Write copy against a seasonal content calendar
- Work with the internal SEO team to ensure copy improves our natural search
- Develop copywriting templates for product ranges
- Write scripts for TV and radio advertising, infomercials and in store tv
- Write copy for direct mail, press ads and other external communications
- Write press releases on a ad hoc basis
- Work on headline messaging for promotional campaigns
- Work with photographer and the rest of the marketing team to ensure that the combination of copy and visual for all of our campaigns creates real impact
- Uploading and maintenance of the marketing database
Specific Skills and Experience
- Good communicator
- Previous experience working with graphic designers
- Previous editorial experience desirable - offline or online
- Previous product based editorial experience desirable
- Copy writing experience for a retail or product focussed business with the ability to turn jargon and technical functions into clear benefits in a simple, elegant, customer friendly language
- Ability to prioritise, juggle several work streams at once and work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- You will need to be extremely well organised, a confident communicator.
- Highly literate, and highly articulate in written and verbal communications with a good creative eye.
- A thorough approach and excellent eye for detail in every task undertaken
- A quick, pragmatic and efficient in approach to work
- A can do attitude - prepared to go that extra mile
- Quick to gain a good understanding of the product Robert Dyas sells and the Robert Dyas brand values
- Good MS Office skills essential
This role will initially be based in Leatherhead, Surrey moving to Wimbledon in June 2017.