Embedded Linux Engineer - Cwmbran - £45,000
Embedded C / C++, Firmware / Middleware / Embedded Linux, TCP/IP, Video/Audio, Set top box
I am currently working with an exciting Cwmbran based client on an Embedded Software Engineering vacancy.
Salary: up to £45,000 plus an excellent benefits package
The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design and development of new Set-Top Box software components, as well as integrating components from 3rd parties. Writes code and defines tests systems and applications. Converts product or project specification and procedures to detailed design specifications for implementation of products and services. They may train, lead and direct work of others. Work with customers and marketing to develop new or custom features to software products and services. The primary focus of this role will be development and integration/porting of embedded IPTV/Hybrid API sets to a variety of environments.
- Embedded C, C++ under Linux (Firmware/Middleware)
- Experience developing on MIPS and ARM platforms
- Communication protocol experience (TCP/IP, UDP, RTP, RTSP).
- Multi-threaded development experience.
- Good object-oriented design skills, including knowledge of UML.
- Good testing skills, at unit, integration and system level.
- A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving with good attention to detail.
Desirable skills (Non essential):
- Experience with Linux device driver development.
- Experience of contributing to hardware design = hardware background or understanding of hardware design
- Direct experience in wireless communications.
- Direct experience in video streaming.
- Knowledge of Linux networking internals
- Knowledge of Linux multimedia frameworks, e.g. GStreamer
- Video compression (MPEG2-TS, H.264)
- WiFi networking protocols and software
- Techniques and standards for video streaming over IP networks
This is an excellent opportunity for a pro-active engineer who is looking to develop his career in an organisation who works with cutting edge technologies on market leading products.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please contact Jeremy Nicholls at Computer Futures on 0117 910 3333.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com