Smart TV Product Manager
Samsung Electronics Overview....
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is the global leader in consumer electronics and the core components that go into them. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 206,000 people across 72 countries with annual sales exceeding US $143.1 billion. Our goal is opening new possibilities for people everywhere.
Samsung Europe comprises 17 divisions (subsidiaries) across Europe that represent circa $32 bn. in sales. It has recently become the leading Consumer Electronics brand in the region in terms of recognition and most preferred by consumers. However, the ambition on the business is to become THE leading Electronics brand and to double its turnover by 2020.
In the pursuit of global excellence, we are continuously looking for dynamic new leaders for the digital age of the 21st Century. Imagine a career working for a company who is passionate about its people. It is our people that make Samsung the leader in diverse marketplaces and the market innovator that drives technology. At Samsung Electronics, our products, our people and our approach to business are held to only the highest standards so that we can effectively contribute to a better world.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
Samsung United Kingdom
Samsung Electronics UK was founded in 1984 and currently has over 550 fantastic employees, located in London and Chertsey. We are looking for individuals like us; to make a difference and push the Samsung brand to new heights. In return we have a lot to offer including an attractive salary, bonus, and benefits package.
Samsung has a strict policy on trade secrets. In applying to Samsung and progressing through the recruitment process, you must not disclose any trade secrets of a previous employer.
Purpose of the Role...
The TV/AV team is looking for a Smart TV Product Manager to formulate, own and execute the Smart TV platform strategy and establish Smart TV/AV products as the most engaging and entertaining platform across all connected devices in the UK and Ireland markets.
The ideal candidate needs to understand the global Smart TV platform strategy by collaborating with Companys HQ and European teams, and thereafter work closely with the technical and partnership managers to establish and execute a regional strategy that is optimized for the local consumers.
The primary goals would be to leverage existing content and services partnerships, and identify new partnership roadmaps, to drive product sales, consumer engagement and monetization of the Smart TV platform.
- Gain understanding of the product specifications and technology of the Smart TV platform as well as the competitive landscape
- Own the strategy and execution of marketing activities encompassing digital (dotcom, E-CRM, weekly newsletters and social), and PR
- Deliver against agreed KPIs in terms of platform engagement/usage and revenues
- Formulate strategy to establish key partnerships across multiple content and services verticals such as Video, Music, Games and Smart Home by collaborating with the Content Partnership Manager
- Stay on top of latest innovations in the connected device industry to ensure that the Companys Smart TV platform continues to be the leading industry platform
- Regularly update management on performance of Smart TV platform and strategies to meet annual goals
- Be an evangelist of the Companys Smart TV platform
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum two years’ work experience within the Connected TV, Mobile, or Technology industries
- Good understanding of the OTT media (video, games, etc.) marketplace including platform landscapes, key industry players, apps and services, etc.
- Understanding of the UK & Ireland TV industry including broadcasters, Pay-TV operators, Freeview and Freesat products, HbbTV, etc.