Partnership Development Manager
KIC London (KICL) has been offering international students university preparation courses since 2008 and today welcomes hundreds of students each year from more than 50 countries. It enjoys prestigious academic partnerships with the Universities of York, Birmingham and Westminster as well as City University of London, Cranfield University and Aston University. Through a combination of high quality teaching and strong support throughout the programme, our students go on to a wide variety of degree programmes from engineering and finance to law and journalism. The college moved to its current outstanding location in 2014, just seconds from Borough Market in one of the capital’s most historic and lively areas.
A new position to KICL, the Partnership Development Manager will ensure that all our services to our existing and new partners are first class, and will lead on the strengthening and development of university partnerships. The position will report directly to the College Director but will also have a role in the strategic development of projects outside the college which involve current, future or potential partners.
Main responsibilities and functions
- Developing deeper and broader relationships with our partners: planning, reviewing, representing the College at appropriate events, visiting relevant staff/departments
- Planning, attending and writing reports for Joint Management Board meetings; ensuring Action Plans arising out of Joint Management Board meetings are followed through
- Developing and using student performance and progression reports in order to promote the college to our partner universities, and develop mutually-beneficial strategies for recruitment
- Overseeing production of the Annual College Report
- Regularly updating the College Director and Senior Management Group on current activity with each partner
- Working with the University Partnerships and Placement Manager to optimise the range of progression routes available
- Working with colleagues to provide outstanding levels of service to each partner
- Supplying the Sales, Admissions and Marketing teams at Head Office with relevant information on our students and their performance to support recruitment activity, as well as developments which might impact on recruitment, business development or partnership activities.
- Providing agents, sponsors and other relevant stakeholders with positive news about KICL and our students
- Acting as first point of contact for KICL marketing material to ensure accuracy
- Investigating and developing new opportunities for university progression for KICL students, in line with College strategic objectives
- Performing any other duties as required from time to time by the College Director
You will be used to working with the UK Higher Education sector (preferably across the private and public sector), and familiar with the needs of international students on degree preparation courses. In addition, you'll be an enthusiastic and performance-driven team player and leader.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- A substantial amount of management experience with a proven track record of relationship management
- A proven track record in leading, developing or delivering initiatives with a strong customer service and results focus
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with demonstrable experience of effective relationship management with external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good organisational and report-writing skills
- A willingness to travel regularly within the UK
- The ability to prioritise effectively, be flexible and self-manage under pressure whilst maintaining standards
- The ability to work collaboratively and persuasively across different parts of an organisation
- Strong problem solving skills and quick thinking approach to be able to handle a variety of situations
- Strong IT skills
- Evidence of willingnesss to work flexibly and to tight deadlines when necessary
Please note that offers of employment are always subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK and satisfactory reference checks. Additionally, as part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, certain positions will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Closing date: 17th February, 2017
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. offers a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, Japan and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with the job, which may change depending on the needs of the business.