Social Media / Digital Marketing Manager - UK Market
This role will manage all UK business` digital acquisition activities.
Reporting to the UK Head of Marketing, the Digital Manager will be empowered to develop, shape and implement the online marketing strategy for the key Nelsons` brands.
- Develop and implement digital and social media strategy and programs across key UK brands by using social media, networking sites and other levers to help to build brand awareness and preference, grow communities and engage with brand advocates.
- Review current choice of social media channels across our portfolio and recommend changes as per the social strategy for each of the key brands and align on required resources to succesfully implement the social strategy.
- Optimize all digital communication channels and measurably enhance the effectiveness of social media across our brand portfolio
- Develop and implement content for all selected social media channels based on recommended objectives
- Via close collaboration with the UK brand managers and the in-house PR team, i) ensure all digital activities supports and strengthens integrated brand communications ii) improve the team digital capabilities
- Ensure all digital content is compliant by close co-operation with the brand team and in-house PR team that liaise with the internal Regulatory Affairs and Legal
- Deliver regular meaningful insights back to the internal stakeholders on performance of the brands on social media and recommend how to leverage those insights to drive actions / improvements
- Monitor and administer reports on all branded sites performance using Google Analytics /other appropriate measures
- Collaborate with the Spatone Brand Manager on development & launch of the new Spatone website to support the new brand strategy: work with the external agencies and internal stakeholders to develop meaningful and aspiratonal web content, and regularly update the new Spatone website content in line with predefined expectations based on the new Spatone digital and social strategy. Ensure continuous improvement of the Spatone web site performance using Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). This responsibility is subject to confirmation of the Spatone project and budget approval.
- Recommend in-house solution or external email software provider/ an affordable integrated digital solution to leverage our existing consumer database to drive customer engagement and retention; develop sustainable new customer acquisition strategy (continue to recruit new consumers) including monitoring KPIs to increase reach and click through in line with the brand objectives
- Where beneficial and cost efficient, work with the sales team (National Account Managers) to recommend digital activity with customers to help drive visibility and sales of Nelsons brands online (e.g. Amazon, Boots.com and Nelsons e-Commerce site
- Share the UK digital agenda and key learnings and results of the activities with the wider internal audience globally, in order to improve Nelsons digital competence and broad understanding of the benefits and importance of digital marketing.
- UK team: Working very closely with the brand team (3 brand managers, head of marketing) and the in-house PR team (2 press office managers), ensuring consistency of all brand communication.
- Central team: Working with the Group brand manager who leads the upgrade of Nelsonsnaturalworld.com CMS to Sitecore version 8, communicate and pursue the UK digital agenda, and share best practices with the Nelsons global marketing community
- Agencies working for the UK team (media agency for PPC/digital partnerships e.g. Baby Centre, digital agencies and digital solutions providers)
- Educated to a degree level or equilavent experience
- Social media training or qualification
Essential Skills and Experience
- Prior in-house digital acquisition experience from consumer goods industry with at least 2-3 years proven track record
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to work on both long and short term strategies and projects
- Strong project management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
- Solid understanding of digital content and communications
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their users
- Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends, innovations and best practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good command of written English including spelling, grammar and ability to proof-read
- Previous experience of social media management
- Previous experience of using Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Previous experience of using Photoshop
- Prior experience from lifestyle health care or regulated industry (e.g. pharma/OTC)
- Previous experience of using Sitecore Content Management System
- Experience of choosing and implementing new strategic business systems and digital tools for marketing
- Experience of establishing and managing relationships with digital agencies / digital solution providers
- Behavioural Capabilities
- Self motivated and highly proactive - takes the initiative to identify opportunities and do what`s needed
- A commitment to excellence with a positive and resilient attitude, with a drive to overcome obstacles in order to succeed and deliver results
- A self-starter with the ability to learn new skills and software and ability to handle ambiguity