Network Engineer - West Midlands
Network Engineer - Birmingham, West Midlands
Cisco Network, CCNA, CCNP, Telephony, VoiP, LAN, WAN
£35,000 - £45,000 + 10% Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Due to expansion and growth, our client is looking for a self-motivated Network Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the role is to provide Cisco Certified Networks Support, administering data network at all layers plus some basic management and administration of Avaya and Mitel Telecommunication's systems.
The role involves managing all aspects of the data network from physical port and connectivity, VLAN administration, layer-3 routing, performance maintenance and firewall administration. The telecommunications support involves the management and configuration of the hand-sets, connectivity, patching and initial diagnosis.
- Resident network technical expert
- Daily operational support and administration activities
- Network technical lead on strategic IT projects
- Key network and telecoms technical lead during "major" incidents
- Shaping an IT service delivery strategy from a technical perspective
- Supporting the IT Service Delivery Managers in achieving the account goals and meeting the contractual obligations
- Liaising extensively with external or internal clients to map network requirements
- Mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems;
- Understanding Network solutions, appliances, software and development lifecycles
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Conducting requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems
- Developing solutions and related products
- Working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
- Ensuring that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met
- Drawing up, supervising and documenting testing schedule for complete systems
- Overseeing implementation of a new networks and systems
- Planning and working flexibly to deadlines
- Supporting users on change control and system updates
Key Skills Required:
- Minimum CCNA Certification
- Extensive Cisco network installation, configuration and maintenance experience
- Provide technical network installations and testing according to design documentation and project planning
- Diagnose faults with customer networks and rectifying within the agreed SLAs
- Monitor and maintain the internal IT networks, systems and perimeters
- Access list / firewall administration
Any of the following would be advantageous but are not essential -
- Cisco Professional (CCNP) Certification
- Avaya or Mitel Telecommunication experience or certification
- Monitoring and maintenance of internal Avaya or Mitel Telecommunication Systems
- Experience configuring and managing network elements
- ITIL Foundation Level (v2 or 3)
- VOIP networking
- Experience operating in a change control and configuration management environment.
In return for your efforts you will be provided with a competitive annual salary as well as a fantastic benefits package. You will not only have the opportunity to work with new technology but you will have the opportunity to progress within an organisation that supports it's employees.
If of interest, please apply directly and follow up with a call to Denise Gartenfeld on .
Network Engineer / Network Analyst / Cisco / Telephony / Telecomms / Voice / CCNA / CCNP / Birmingham