Lead Finance Business Partner
Up to £75,000 plus excellent benefits
Manchester City Centre
As the UK's leading funeral services provider, we value people and pride ourselves on offering a caring, professional and compassionate service. We have ambitious plans to grow the business over the next few years both organically and through acquisitions, whilst at the same time making improvements to our infrastructure. This means we need to grow our enabling functions too. As part of this we are looking for some new talent to join our Finance team.
As the Lead Finance Business Partner you'll partner with the business in a role which combines strategic thinking with hands on activity. Deputising for the Head of Strategic Finance and Business Partnering you'll play an integral part in the development of the team during exciting and significant change. You'll translate all of that big thinking to the divisional operations leadership teams, which will drive the customer facing activity.
What you'll do:
* Lead and develop a small team of Finance Business Partners , including conducting all line management related activity e.g. appraisals, coaching, training etc.
* Partner closely with the Funeralcare Senior Operations team providing direction and support, as well as challenge on all Commercial and Operational activity, supported by robust financial facts
* Support business change and transformation, being an advocate for that change with stakeholders
* Play a key role in managing the successful implementation of projects within the business
Being the Lead Finance Business Partner will be a big role in the business, facing into senior teams across Co-op Funeralcare, requiring a solid foundation in Finance business partnering. You'll bring a passion for leadership, gained through the successful management and development of teams previously. You'll be commercially focussed, with a strategic mind-set backed up by ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualification status. You'll be energised by change too.
What you'll bring:
* Experience operating as a Finance Business Partner, in a senior role working closely with both commercial and operations teams
* Previous line management experience
* ACA, CIMA/ ACCA qualification
* Strong influencing and relationship management skills
If you can help us grow our business, we can offer you a whole world of opportunity. As well as a competitive salary and some brilliant benefits, you'll get the chance to develop your skills and progress your career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy. We're going on an amazing journey.
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale created an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And that principles are just as important as profits. They were pioneers. And they left us a legacy that's never been more important or relevant than it is today.
We want to change the world all over again. And we know that to achieve our goal, we need to recruit teams that reflect the communities we serve. We're committed to equal opportunities, and we're re-discovering the pioneering spirit on which a British institution was built. If you believe in our purpose, then join us. And make a real contribution to the revival of an iconic British brand.