£47,000-£57,000 plus excellent benefits
Manchester City Centre
As the UK's leading funeral services provider, we value people and pride ourselves on offering a caring, professional and compassionate service. We're ambitious too, and we're growing to meet business need. We are transforming in fact, in order to better serve our clients, re-platforming our IT estate meaning our colleagues can spend more time with our clients. This programme of change will set us up to lead change in the Funeralcare Services Industry too, bettering people's lives. As a result we need great people to join our IT function to make all of this happen, at an exciting time for us.
As a Project Manager at Co-op you'll deliver IT projects which provide core capability as part of the transformation programme. You'll work closely with analysts, designers and development teams to create solutions which are fit for purpose. Of course all of this will need to carefully consider and keep track of budgets, time scales and quality.
What you'll do:
- Scope, plan, design and deliver projects within the Business Unit change portfolio to agreed timescales, costs and quality standards supporting of execution of the business strategy
- Manage work streams and IT solution delivery
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and third parties, managing their contribution throughout the lifetime of the project
To be successful as a Project Manager at Co-op you'll need to be an experienced Project Manager with a knowledge and expertise in IT transformation. You'll join an ambitious and high performing team leading on change, so we'll need to you to passionate about this too. Complimenting your expertise in this area, you'll be an effective communicator.
What you'll bring:
- Previous project management experience with a value in excess of £250,000
- Excellent supplier management
- Experience working with agile/ waterfall based projects
- Experience from a variety of organisations and/ or industry's over your career to date
- Degree level of education or equivalent qualification preferably relevant to the role
- Liaise with business transformation team to align IT delivery to business change drivers
If you can help us grow our business, we can offer you a whole world of opportunity. As well as a competitive salary and some brilliant benefits, you'll get the chance to develop your skills and progress your career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy. We're going on an amazing journey.
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale created an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And that principles are just as important as profits. They were pioneers. And they left us a legacy that's never been more important or relevant than it is today.
We want to change the world all over again. And we know that to achieve our goal, we need to recruit teams that reflect the communities we serve. We're committed to equal opportunities, and we're re-discovering the pioneering spirit on which a British institution was built. If you believe in our purpose, then join us. And make a real contribution to the revival of an iconic British brand.