Computer Hardware Test Engineer Portsmouth
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Hardware Test Engineerto join our fast-paced team at Grabalaptopin Farlington, Portsmouth. We are a family run business specialising in refurbishing & retailing good quality used Laptops, PC's & iPad's whilst also offering the best prices around. We aim to provide good quality products at reasonable prices along with an excellent after sales care service. We strive on recommendation and continue to grow each year.
In the position of Hardware Test Engineer, your primary responsibility will be testing broken laptops to assess their condition. In addition to:
- Diagnosing the faults on laptops and deciding if they can be fixed
- Testing parts of broken laptops, removing them and preparing for resale
- Document each stage of the test process, logging your progress
- Repairing broken laptops
- PCB repairing and soldering
- Aiding the sales agents in the resale of spare parts sales
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Previous hardware testing experience
- Ability to record and document work
- Good communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Competent using Microsoft Excel
- The ability to work within a team or individually
- PCB testing and repair experience is preferable
- Micro Soldering Skills are desirable
- Knowledge of Reworking & Reballing GPU’s would be advantageous
Working hours 9am-6pm Monday to Friday
Salary £15k-£20k dependant on experience
At Grabalaptop we offer the chance to work in a friendly team and in a business which values its people and their contribution, treats its staff with dignity and respect, recognising and rewarding their success.
If you feel that you would like to join us and that this role would suit your strengths, we would be delighted to hear from you!