Junior Gas & Power Scheduler
Our Client is a truly global Commodity trading company who trade both physical and financial commodities including, Gas & Power, Oil, Metals, and Agricultural products, and more…
We are seeking a candidate with experience gained with the Gas & Power (Energy) trading industry, within a back office/operations team role currently. You will need to be committed, show good attention to detail and have the right attitude to work in a small team who cover a full shift rota including weekends.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Nominating physical gas and power portfolio in a timely and efficient manner across the UK, CWE and CEE to TSO’s and HUB operators, internal and cross border.
- Liaising with Traders on flow data/information that may affect market prices.
- Maintain balanced portfolio using Power and Gas spot exchanges.
- Trade Support duties such as; Allocation and capacity auctions and bookings, trade bookings and reporting in ETRM system etc.
- Problem solving.
- Perform Ad-hoc requests from different business functions.
- Working evenings & weekends on rotation.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree level preferable but not a necessity.
- Experience in Gas and/or Power Back Office/Operations with a physical background. Power experience is preferable.
- Knowledge of Financial Gas and Power Products and platforms is essential.
- Good IT knowledge however not necessarily technical
- Work well under pressure and have a calm and positive attitude to problem solving
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Planning and Organizing
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Influencing and leading
- Team worker/building
- Good use of initiative