Product Design Engineer
Excellent exciting Product Design Engineer reporting into the Group Desin Director - Based near Wolverhampton.
My client is looking for a bright enthusiastic and passionate Desihn Engineer to join their great Design team, working from a blank screen through to end to end design through to factory exit - experience with Solid Works or Pro Engineer required.
To maintain the Company's competitive and innovative edge, using your in-depth engineering knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, materials, market research and commercial awareness to design, model, test and produce prototypes of new products, or make improvements to existing products
MAIN TASKS & REPSONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with the Group Design Director to assist with effective new product design and development.
- Liaise regularly with our main suppliers via TSA in China throughout the design and production stages of development, to ensure products are made to the required specification and assist problem resolution.
- Develop ideas for new products using design briefs or from research to ensure competitive innovation.
- Sketch initial design ideas, produce design specifications, including parts listings, costing's, and production drawings
- Modify designs to improve the performance and efficiency of existing products.
- Brainstorm as part of the Technical team and develop design concepts.
- Liaise with the Test House Team Leader and Technical Services Manager to collect and analyse data from tests on prototypes to assist with finding solutions and ensure quality and performance of products.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to progress new product development and research similar products and materials, processes and market requirements to assist with design ideas.
- Occasionally travel overseas in China and Europe to supplier and customer production facilities.
- Group Design Director
- Group Technical Director
- Product Managers
- Test House team
- Group Technical Services Manager
- Sales and Marketing Teams
- Purchasing and logistics team
- High degree of technical knowledge (Engineering degree desirable) balanced with creative ability.
- Highly self-motivated dynamic innovative blank screen designer
- A hands on practical mechanical engineer
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Electro mechanical an advantage
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes to include pressure die casting, metal pressing, fabrication, and extrusion.
- Knowledge of injection moulding
- Knowledge of plastics, electro plating and finishing
- Commercial awareness
- Sound knowledge of CAD software preferably Solid Works
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Listening and questioning skills for discussing design briefs and understanding feedback from colleagues to modify ideas
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- Optimism and enthusiastic with a determination to achieve results