Bookkeeper & Administrator
Bookkeeper & Office Administrator
A long established, family run business offering national electrical engineering solutions.
To provide the Managing Director with an effective day-to-day Bookkeeping and Administration service.
- Carry out bookkeeping and data processing using SAGE Line50.
- Maintain Purchase ledger, Sales ledger and Nominal ledgers.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Carry out monthly reconciliation of all control accounts.
- Calculate and process monthly journals for prepayment/ accruals/depreciation/payroll and other monthly adjustments.
- Prepare VAT returns in advance of deadline for review and sign off.
- Assist with the preparation of Management Accounts.
- Completion and submission of timesheets within set deadlines to the Payroll Provider.
- Raising Quote Nos & PO Nos from management software and receiving and processing Purchase Invoices.
- Opening and distributing incoming mail. Franking and posting outgoing mail.
- Answering the telephone, taking messages and dealing with enquiries in a professional manner.
- Managing designated email inboxes.
- Managing the stationery/consumable requirements of the business.
- Maintaining records of fleet vehicles including payment of statutory charges, arranging signwriting, servicing and general care of the fleet.
- Maintaining Employees HR records both accurately and confidentially.
- Arranging any travel/accommodation/entertainment requirements for Managers and Staff.
- Providing ad-hoc administration and support to the MD and Management Team.
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper who is a conscientious, reliable and trustworthy individual with strong communication skills. Able to work within deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy. IT Skills are essential, including Word, Excel and Outlook and ideally SAGE Line50. Training will be provided on in-house construction management software.