Senior SAP Developer
We are on the lookout for an experienced Senior SAP Developer to join a dynamic team of experienced SAP software developers who are at the forefront of developing and designing a new SAP based IT solutions as well as modifying and enhancing the existing SAP systems ensuring adherence to coding standards and best practices.
About the role
- Design/deliver technically robust solutions that adhere to the relevant application development principles, coding standards and best practices.
- Design new SAP based IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing SAP systems.
- Provide knowledge transfer to IT Service Delivery and IT Support and other stakeholders where required.
- Lead technical design discussions and take responsibility for key technical decisions.
- Mentor more junior members of SAP development team to ensure their skills are kept up to date with latest standard SAP development techniques.
- Plan, prepare and execute Unit tests to verify that each unit or component when tested in isolation is behaving as expected.
- Investigate defects detected in Unit, System, Systems Integration, User Acceptance Testing and non-functional test phases and provide fixes within agreed response times.
- Previous SAP experience in the following is preferred:
ABAP workbench, ABAP Objects/Classes, SAP WEBDYNPRO, Function modules, Data dictionary, Dialogue programming, Performance tuning, Object ALV, OData, SAPUI5
- You should have excellent communication skills with experience of engaging with a wide audience of technical experts and business partners.
- Solid experience as a Software Developer with very good programming ability, and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- You will have the ability to translate functional requirements into a technical solution, and be passionate about software engineering and solution focussed.
Company car and fuel card, annual discretionary bonus, generous pension scheme, private healthcare, free on-site parking, and much more!
About Volkswagen Financial Services
Volkswagen Financial Services (VWFS) provides finance and insurance services to customers across the entire Volkswagen Group in the United Kingdom. The Group includes some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands; Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Volkswagen, Bentley, Lamborghini, Porsche, Bugatti, Ducati, MAN and Scania.