Health, Safety & Compliance Manager
Job Title: Health, Safety & Compliance Manager
Salary: £38,000 per annum
The successful applicant will be responsible for not only managing but also developing the health and safety culture within the company.
The main function of the role is to maintain and continually improve the company’s Health Safety and Environmental policy to comply with legislation, industry best practice and Company Standards and to lead the development of the HSE strategy.
The appointee will be expected to have an extremely approachable and visible presence on the shop floor, be available to all employees for the business from office and administrative workers to production operatives and the senior leadership team. The appointee will also be delivering companywide training so some form of training qualification would be required.
The site is accredited to ISO 9001. Demonstrable experience of behavioural or cultural change programmes, knowledge of DSEAR regs and hazardous materials is also highly desirable and candidates with that experience will be given preference.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills both written and oral with good attention to detail, a strong character with a self-motivated "can do" inclusive approach to daily tasks. They will have strong influencing skills, be people centric with high standards and a firm but friendly approach.
- Solution focused
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a fast paced and changing environment
- Senior management
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Head of Engineering
- Head of Maintenance
- Ensuring safe working and overseeing the site to ensure compliance
- Manage a high risk environment to ensure all health and safety requirements are met and that all risks are limited
- Conducting risk assessments, audits, inspections and other operational Health and Safety tasks as required in order to meet standards
- Submission of timely reports
- Development and delivery of Environment, H&S Behavioral program, procedures and polices required by 14001 and 18001
- Development of the Risk Management process
- Train and support all Employee Representatives
- Support the H&S training of all employees
- Maintain and update all H&S & environment records
- Incident investigations
- Ensuring that adequate root cause analysis is conducted following incidents and events
- Management of claims and incidents and make recommendations for reducing incidents
- Identify, develop and implement operational improvements to near miss systems, HSE standards, practices and equipment
- Support project teams in the delivery and control of new process and instillations
- Managing Health and Safety systems for external contractors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with COSHH
- Have experience within a manufacturing / distribution / chemical or engineering environment
- Working knowledge of Audited Standards
- Lead Auditor would be desirable
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Good Microsoft office, excel, word and PowerPoint ability
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH Diploma desirable but not essential
- Membership of IOSH
- Training qualification
- Some form of environmental qualifications would also be highly desirable.
- £38,000+ dependent on experience and qualifications.
- 39 Hours per week (Monday to Thursday 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, Fridays 8.00 am to 1.00 pm)
- 38 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
- Benefits package including pension and life assurance.
- Closing date for applications 28th February 2017