Senior Data Protection Officer (Lead GDPR)
Senior Data Protection Officer
Large organisation in retail and financial services is recruiting a data protection officer accountable for the creation, modification and execution of the privacy/data protection framework and to be lead in GDPR.
As Data Protection officer responsibilities will include:
- Senior role and lead GDPR preparations
- The Data Protection Officer (DPO) will manage allocated staff and be part of the senior team reporting to the director of Risk & Compliance.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with all related privacy and data protection regulations.
- Be involved, properly and in a timely manner, in all issues that relate to the protection of personal data
- Accountable for maintenance and implementation of the action plans that derive from compliance activities.
- Maintenance of relevant registrations and engagement with the Information Commissioner and lead on the resolution of data protection complaints from the public and staff.
- Cooperate with and act as the contact point for the ICO or the relevant supervisory authority on issues relating to processing and consult, where appropriate, with regard to any other matter.
- The role is expert in, and requires the ability for interpretation of specific regulation and legislation (Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, legislation/regulation and guidance), relating to the way in which the business holds and uses information, personal data, including customer propositions and products, and to the supply, sales and delivery of those to customers.
As Data Protection Officer your skills and experience will include:
- Must have strong knowledge of GDPR
- Expert knowledge and application of compliance with UK and EU Data Protection and Privacy laws in a complex organisation.
- ISEB in Data Protection to Practitioner level. CIPP certification(s) is a plus.
- Experience of performing a similar role, ideally with exposure to Government.
- Broad understanding of technical and complex change programmes.
- Experience in managing incidents and breaches, and the associated process.
On offer is a basic up to c85k, bonus, car allowance and benefits.