English Teacher in a Specialist Provision
School: Secondary Pupil Referral Unit, Coventry, West Midlands
Job title: English Teacher
Start date: ASAP
Salary: MPS/UPS-Plus SEN Allowance
This school requires an English Teacher to provide high quality support for specific classes across the curriculum for pupils with SEN. This secondary specialist provision is for EBD pupils on the severe end of the spectrum
The school is a friendly and supportive environment and a rewarding place to work with every member of staff participates in enabling the students to learn and to aspire to achieve meaningful independence.
This school caters for children aged 14-16, who have learning difficulties ranging from mild/moderate to severe. The staff at the school always place young people at the centre of all decisions it takes and it has a relentless focus on achieving the best possible outcomes for every student.
The successful candidate will have:
- Fully qualified teacher with QTS
- Experience working with and supporting children with varying levels of special educational needs
- At least 6 months recent experience in a UK school
- Not essential but desirable to have SEN/SEBD experience
- Experience leading on general support duties including behaviour and learning
- Ability to relate well to children and to adults and to work as part of a team
- Patience, reliability, flexibility and optimism
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS).
For further information, please contact John Byrne on .