Senior Java Developer B2B API Payment FinTech
- Join a tight-knit, high quality team with the experience to succeed
- Opportunity to shape our exciting API enabled payments platform
- Our Engineers are constantly experimenting with new technologies like micro services with Spring Boot
- Highly competitive salary range between £50k - £75k +Benefits
- We're a 30 second walk from Hammersmith tube station in West London
This is a rare opportunity to shape our platform as we grow quickly, working in a tight-knit, high quality team with the experience to succeed in a fascinating and relevant market.
In our small, Agile team, you’ll work closely with designers, product managers, frontend developers and our users! You’ll probably also experience every lunch place near our office in Hammersmith on a team lunch, and may well pick up a new sport (current team game: squash).
You’ll be leading projects like:
- Deciding on the architecture and technologies that make up our micro-services based high performance payment platform
- Simplifying the complex process of creating and approving payments for businesses
- Building an amazing developer experience for our API, helping developers get started in minutes
Modulr; who we are
At Modulr, we are rethinking business payments. Our vision is that opening a bank account should begin with POST, not with a stamp. We’re building a transactional account with a modern front end for the 21st century, and simple RESTful APIs. We enable businesses to scale and provide superior customer experiences through our API driven access to account creation, payment initiation and payment receipt confirmation.
Our founding team has more than 60 years’ payments industry experience and have extensive experience of building and growing successful payments businesses, including CorporatePay a corporate prepaid card platform sold in 2012. Modulr is backed by Blenheim Chalcot, the UK’s leading venture builder. Founded in 1998, Blenheim Chalcot specialises in building digital businesses that transform industries. It’s portfolio of companies has sales of over £300m, more than 3,000 employees, and a successful track record of building over 40 companies across IT services and outsourcing, education, financial services, software, sport and media.
We're looking for a Senior Java Developer to join and shape our team and platform. We'd particularly love you to apply if:
- You're passionate about technology and building a new platform.
- You like collaborating with Product teams to deliver the best possible outcome and have views on the best ways to work together to achieve that.
- You care strongly about the quality and integrity of the outputs from your team and like working with testers to achieve the right balance of speed and accuracy.
- You are comfortable working in an early stage business, where time is critical and things change on a regular basis.
There are some things you will need to demonstrate experience in:
- Server side Java and related open source technologies such as Spring, Hibernate.
- Experience of micro-services using SpringBoot of similar.
- Open source RDBMS technologies such as PostgreSQL.
- Strong understanding of OOP and design patterns
- Experience of building a high performance services based platform.
- Experience of financial based web application/product.
- Experience of e-commerce web application.